No matter how long I live in Indiana, I will never understand its weather patterns...ever. This time last month, it was 80 degrees and beautiful outside. I didn't need a jacket, I could wear shorts to P.E., and I wouldn't mind walking to get food. Now, it is barely above freezing. Today, I wore two pairs of pants, a tshirt with a sweatshirt, a coat, and fuzzy boots, and I was still cold. This is nuts! We completely skipped that nice, 70 degree weather we all have learned to love. Shoot, we barely had the nice 50-60 degree weather. It's been constantly raining and windy and FREEZING! All I know is, no one was expecting this at all. My winter coat? It's definitely back in my room in Lafayette, along with my gloves and hats. If it wasn't for my boyfriend packing his favorite scarf of mine in my suitcase without me knowing, I wouldn't have one of those, either. Yesterday I got out my really warm microfleece blanket my mom got me, and trust me when I say that it's currently my best friend at the moment.
My roommate is almost positive it snowed yesterday...you know, the snow that doesn't stick to the ground but is snow before it melts in the air? I'm not going to lie...I like snow when it sticks...for the first day, anyway. After that, I hate it. It's cold, mushy, and gets in the way. There were still small patches of snow around Lafayette around my birthday last year...and my birthday is in April.
I feel like winter is coming earlier and staying later each year. *sigh* This makes me feel like global warming is a complete myth...even though it isn't. But still...
moral of the blog?
It needs to be warm again...PRONTO!
I am so sick of this weather already and it is only the middle of October. I am not looking forward to January and February when it is going to be negative in the morning : (
ReplyDelete