When I went home last month, I asked if they were going to come up. My mom looked at the date, and without missing a beat, she told me, "Oh, no, your dad is working that weekend." Of course, I was disappointed. My friends here were talking about their families coming up, and I just sat there listening to how excited they were getting to have their families visit them.
Yesterday, I was talking to my mom. She said "Your dad is taking off Saturday." So I got really excited, thinking she was going to say something along the lines of: "We're coming up to visit!" But of course, Murphy's Law set in. She then continued by saying, "Your brother and him are going to the Purdue game!" This hurt. He would rather go to a football game with my brother that he sees every day, to a university that is 10 minutes from our house, than see me. They haven't seen me in a month...but I guess that doesn't really matter, does it?
I have seen many students with their families, and I get jealous. I wish my parents had cared enough to come here to see me.
No comments:
Post a Comment