I may sound really non-conforming here, but I think texting gets in the way. I have a good reason, I swear! It bugs me when people are out on their cell phones texting other people while I am hanging out with them. It's really hard to have a face-to-face conversation with someone when they are paying attention to their phone and having a different conversation with someone else. I'm not an attention hog, but if you're hanging out with me, I don't think you should be talking to someone else. It makes me feel like either you don't want to be there or you aren't interested in what I have to say at all. So, if you expect me to hang out with you just to talk and you're gonna sit there and text the entire time, don't expect me to hang out with you, it's just not worth it. Also, if you're gonna text, please don't do it while you're driving. I've had a friend total her car because she was texting while driving. It is dangerous for obvious reasons. Unfortunately, she never learned this lesson, and I don't really know what it will take for her to learn this.
yeah, I coundn't find any pictures that really related to it...so this is as close as it's getting.
Anyway, have a nice day!
-Emily
I agree. Why ignore the person you're with to look at some words. I only got texting a few weeks ago, so I guess I'm kind of behind the times, but I try to be respectful about using it.
ReplyDeleteI don't have texting at all, I used to, but my parents decided it cost too much so we got rid of it.
ReplyDelete