Year One:

Theme: Clue (You know, like the board game)
We didn't know that the pictures were free, so we didn't get it taken until near the end of the dance...so he is kind of sweaty gross -.-
Year Two:

Theme: Grease
We were smart this time and got it taken at the beginning of the dance :] I'm not sure why, but this is one of my favorite pictures of us :]
Year Three:

Theme: Superheroes!
Dramatic appearance difference between us both, mainly in the hair aspect. His is longer and mine is dark. But I still like it a lot!
I find it really amazing that we have made it so far in our relationship. There aren't too many people who can say they have had a really long relationship in high school and have made it into the transition to college. Plus, who else can say they have gone to three of the same dances with the same person? If I could still magically go to the dances at my old high school, we could do the same thing at those too xD
I love going to school dances. They are great ways to socialize with friends and have a good, safe time with your significant other. I personally love slow dances. They give me time just to look at my boyfriend and think about how much he means to me.
Unfortunately, one of the songs they played was "Far Away" by Nickelback, and the song made me think about how much I hate being away from him. It made me think about that so much that I almost started crying right there. The chorus states, "I miss you, been far away for far too long. I keep dreaming you'll be with me and you'll never go, stop breathing if I don't see you anymore." This statement made me thing about how I still have a hard time only getting to see him every other weekend. When we first started going out, this was normally how our schedule of seeing each other was. But since then, our relationship has grown to a different level of compatibility. At the end of the song, it says "I wanted I wanted you to stay
'Cause I needed, I need to hear you say, That I love you I have loved you all along. And I forgive you For being away for far too long. So keep breathing 'Cause I'm not leaving you anymore. Believe it, Hold on to me and never let me go." This is the part that almost made me lose it right there in front of everyone. I feel like this is a conversation between the two of us. He is telling me he wants me to stay and he forgives me for being away. Then I tell him the last half of the song.
Needless to say, I am not going to be able to listen to this song for a very long time.
I hope everyone had a great weekend!
-Emily
No comments:
Post a Comment