Friday, November 27, 2009

What I'm Thankful For

Yesterday was Thanksgiving, so I thought I would list all the things I am thankful for. :]

PhotobucketMy amazing boyfriend, Cale. He has put up with me for almost 2 1/2 years now. Someone that can put up with me on a daily basis must REALLY care about me.
Photobucket My friends back home, who are always anxious to see me when I come back to Lafayette for a visit.
Photobucket My family, who is always excited to have me home and are always looking out for my well-being.
Photobucket Being invited and able to go to two different Thanksgivings, one not even being your own family. Lunch with my own family, then dinner with Cale's family made it a beautiful day.
Photobucket Having a roof over my head and knowing I have somewhere to go to eat, sleep, and shower every day. There are many people that don't have anything, and I am truly blessed to have these amenities.
Photobucket The acceptance and warm welcoming of Cale's family towards me. It's great to know his family truly cares for me and basically treat me like one of their own.
Photobucket Being able to go to Ball State on a scholarship. This time last year, my parents were still going to make me go to Purdue whether I wanted to or not, and the fact they let me go here is a blessing in itself.
Photobucket The technological advances that have been made that makes living the way it is today, such as cars, television and movies, music listening devices, cell phones, etc.
Photobucket Everyone in my life so far, past and present, that has influenced me to become what I am today. You guys are the best <3

3 comments:

  1. I like this post! hope you had an awesome break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good post emily! :) I've also thought about what I am thankful for and family and friends fall at the top of my list. The feeling of love and acceptance can never be substituted. Have a great break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Post unrelated: I just read your paper for the intensive review, and I'm so glad that I got out of public schools the year that I did. The last of the half days. Powerful stuff.

    ReplyDelete