Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Happy Belated Halloween!

Ahh, halloween... the time of year where little kids go around in some random costume and knock on stranger's doors and ask for candy. As we grow older, we tend to find halloween a little bit... different...as shown in this Mean Girls clip:



I will never understand why girls will dress like that. It's so demeaning... anyway...

Last Wednesday, Noyer had an event where little kids could come around the dorm rooms and trick-or-treat. I went to my friend's dorm in my costume (I was a ladybug!) and we handed out trick-or-treat goodie bags that I made. I made 60, but they were gone within the first half hour. My friend went and spent some dining plus to get a bunch of little debbie snack, and they were gone in another half hour. We finally gave up and closed the door, but we ended up giving out treats to over 120 kids! It was really fun to see all the costumes the little kids came dressed in.
This year, my boyfriend actually still wanted to go trick-or-treating (he's having issues with letting that part of his childhood go.) We ended up driving back to Lafayette for the evening and stopped by his house to get dressed. We showed his parents and his mother started smiling really big at my outfit (she had a brain aneurysm last year and still has not gotten all of her functions back,) and his dad told me I looked really pretty. Afterwards, he wasn't sure if he wanted to go trick-or-treating anymore. We called up a friend of mine and we sat at her house and helped pass out halloween candy. We then stopped by my parent's house and visited my neighbors. Around 9:30, we headed back to school. We were going to go to late nite and get candy there, but we decided to go to ihop instead...it was totally worth it.
Overall, I'm really glad my halloween turned out the way it did. I hope everyone else had a great halloween!

1 comment:

  1. you look so cute in your ladybug outfit! being a ladybug is the best idea ever :) I'm glad you had a wonderful halloween!!

    ReplyDelete