Saturday, August 29, 2009

Two weeks of the dorm life.

It has officially been two weeks since I have been living in Studebaker East at Ball State University, and I have felt like I have gotten somewhat used to living this way. This is the first time I have ever had to share a room with someone, but my roommate is really nice, so it's been easy to adjust. However, dining has not been an easy adjustment. I still feel like I'm going out to eat when I get food. Walking to classes outside has been somewhat decent. The only class I don't really enjoy walking to is my math class, which is on the top floor of the Robert Bell building! There are way too many stairs to count.
I am actually enjoying most of my classes, which is a good thing. As much as it pains me to say this, I wish MATHS 201 was a little bit harder. I feel like I already know much of the stuff we have been learning. I usually have to explain the problems to the people in my group, and I normally feel like what I am explaining to them should be embedded into their heads by now. I am not really enjoying COMM 210 though, but that's not a shocker there. I dread public speaking for the most part. I don't mind it when I am teaching something, but I don't like giving speeches. I don't know why, but they frighten me. PFW 148 is enjoyable...I just wish I wasn't doing aerobic exercises at eight in the morning. EDEL 100 seems to be good so far. We have to do 50 hours of community service this semester, which I am actually looking forward to doing. Last but not least is ENG 103. I am actually looking forward to this class more than I thought I would. The assignments seem enjoyable, which makes me really excited. I am most excited about the blogging. I used to blog on Xanga when I was a freshman and sophomore in high school, so hopefully this will get me back in the habit to writing about my life again.
I'm getting tired, so I am going to head to bed.
-Emily

1 comment:

  1. glad you are excited to keep blogging! also, excellent use of multimodality by incorporating a picture!

    ReplyDelete