Well, it's been about a month since I last wrote, so I think I'll start by writing about winter break.
On the last day of finals, my dad came to pick me up around 2. We arrived home around 4 and I was unpacking my stuff when my mother called my brother and I out into the living room. She informs us that we are going to go to Missouri for about a week to see family. We were to leave on the 26th and come back on the 30th.
Awesome...
Christmas morning, I got up around 10...okay, my brother woke me up around 10. Getting up this late for Christmas was really odd for us. Normally, our dog would wake us all up around 7 because he wanted what was in his stocking (yes, our dog knew what Christmas was. I think he was normally the most excited out of all of us.) But since he passed away this May, many things around the house had changed, including Christmas traditions. But, the story of my dog is for a different time, a different blog. Anyway, we got to open our presents. I ended up getting a TON of Vera Bradley stuff, some clothes, a bunch of fuzzy socks (I'm obsessed with them,) and a few new things for my dorm, like a microwave and a toaster.
A little bit later, I headed over to my boyfriend's house so we could exchange gifts. I gave his grandmother and his parents their yearly treat baskets that I made them, and Cale and I sat down in front of the tree to exchange gifts. I got Cale some DVDs and a movie gift card. Afterwards, he brought over my gift. He got me a Nintendo 64!!!! I love the N64. Cale had one at his house and I would want to play it all the time. He also got me the first three Mario Party games, and we spent the rest of the day eating, watching movies, and playing the games.
...Then it was time to go to Missouri...
The car ride to my grandparent's house is about 7 hours long. It was boring, to say the least. I spent the majority of the ride watching movies on my laptop. I would love to say exciting things happened when we went, but they really didn't. My cousin, aunt and I went to go play bingo. I also had this nasty cold almost the whole time we were there. Missouri is a really boring place when you used to live there. It's still boring when you "go on vacation" there at least once a year.
Finally, it's the 30th. Time to go home. When I got home, Cale came over. And when he left, my dad told me I couldn't see him tomorrow. Tomorrow? But tomorrow was New Years Eve. Everyone knows that you're supposed to kiss on New Years Eve. Cale and I didn't get to do this last year either because I was in Florida getting my sun on. The only time we got to was our first New Years Eve. But oh well, hopefully there will be more to come.
Nothing really exciting happened until school started again. I slept a lot, since everyone else was at school or work. Cale and I saw each other when we could, and I was enjoying the relaxed life.
It finally came though. January 10th - The day to move back to campus. I was dreading this day. I was also very curious; my roommate moved out at the end of the semester and they weren't sure if I was going to get a new one. I reluctantly checked my email that morning, and sure enough... the name of my new roommate had been emailed to me. Her name? Jordan Crouch.
When I got to my room, the door was already opened. She was sitting at her desk watching bull riding. My parents and I introduced ourselves and made the usual small talk as we unpacked my belongings. It turns out she is majoring in elementary education like I am. I thought she would be someone I would be able to tolerate living with... but I may have been wrong.
The problem? She's a partier. I'm not. Therefore, she's out late a lot of the time, sometimes coming back around 3 am, when I'm asleep. I also don't think she has much respect for me as a person. She talks loud on the phone and on skype, she turns on the television when I'm studying, she turns the light on when I'm sleeping, and she allows her guests to basically trash the room.
But of course, the residence hall life isn't the only part about college. I am taking 17 credit hours this semester, which calls for a lot of work. My classes this semester are pretty much ones I have to take but don't generally enjoy. I am taking BIO 102, GEOG 101, HIST 150, PSYSC 100, EDPSY 260, EDHI 200, and EDTEC 120.
Well, that's all for now! Hopefully I'll write when I have the chance.
<3 Emily
No comments:
Post a Comment